Friday, January 15, 2021
I was a Ph.D. student at the University of Trento. I lived between Trento and Venezia (Venice) but I am from Vicenza, all in Italy. I also lived in College Station (TX, Texas A&M) and Fort Collins (CO, Colorado State University) and visited frequently Boston (well was long time ago, MIT). Now I am pretty stable in Trento where I work as Professor. I graduated in Physics and have a Ph.D. in Hydrodynamics. You can see more about me at the CV pages on the AboutHydrology blog I started the GEOframe project
Thursday, January 14, 2021
We really enjoyed to work with this year students. We had an average synchronous participation of 25 but others were following asynchronously. The work is not finished until everybody who wants complete their exercise on a catchment. That will be the also the requirement to have recognized the credits, besides the certificate of participation. The GEOframe crew will be happy to give you support for the next two months for complete the tasks required. New stuff is incoming in GEOframe that is a living a growing system. For that you will be alerted through the WinterSchool mailing list and the post in this blog.
- smoothing down the process to create HRUs with the help of the friends of Hydrologis. A preview of the tool is working under the stand-alone Horton Machine, of which you can learn in this AboutHydrology blogpost.
- WHETGEO-1D. Developed by Niccolò Tubini for his P.h.D. e used it extensively in our class of hydrology. Therefore for the documentation in Italian, you can give a look to here. We will provide soon documentation in English
- Lysimeter GEO. Being developed by Concetta D'Amato for her Ph.D. , building on the shoulders of Niccolò and dr. Michele Bottazzi's (GS) Prospero model. On Lysimeter Pro you can find two webinar in English that can also partially serve to introduce WHETGEO-1D. They are at this link.
Saturday, January 9, 2021
GEOframe aims to simulate the whole hydrological cycle. About evaporation and transpiration was already talked about on Day 4 However, several other aspects can be accounted for in GEOframe for obtaining a realistic representation of the hydrological cycle. The scope of this day is to progressively introduce new aspects and features.
- Adding features: Interception, Propagation, Muskingum, adding a reservoir
- About the .sim files fields to run Net3
- A video that helps to create ERM .sim files