Compared to what was done in the past courses, there will be more practice and a more detailed work on evapotranspiration and rainfall-runoff. It will be much more focused on exercises and on getting the water budget performed under various hypotheses on models' structure.
Due to COVID-19/COVID-SARS-2 the lectures and the work will be limited to, at most, 10 people in presence but it will be possible to follow the class remotely either synchronous online and asynchronous online (we’ll use a “blended” type of teaching based on Zoom). There is no fee or subscription for the asynchronous classes (and no personal support, just the support coming through the geoframe users mailing list). Synchronous classes with no personal support though require subscription and the payment of a small fee of 10 Euros or (for Italians) a subscription to the Italian Hydrological Society. However, who requires a certificate of participation, and want personal support, must pay a fee (150 euros). Getting the certificate will be subject to present a report and an analysis of a catchment performed with the GEOframe tools. Tourists are welcomed but obviously real learning requires exercise and some effort.
Instructors will be
- Prof. Riccardo Rigon, Ph.D. (GS)
- Prof. Giuseppe Formetta, Ph.D. (GS)
- Ing. Marialaura Bancheri, Ph.D. (GS)
- Ing. Niccolò Tubini, Ph.D. candidate
- Ing. Concetta D’Amato, Ph.D student
- Homework to do before the School - Installations and introduction to the Object Modelling System Infrastructure and Jupyter
- Homework - Radiation for Hydrologists
- Day 1- Hydrologic Response Units delineation and treatment of spatial features
- Day 2- Interpolation of hydrometeorological datasets
- Day 3 - Exercise with your own catchments under instructors supervision
- Day 4 - Evaporation and Transpiration with GEOframe-Prospero
- Day 5 - Modelling lumped models with GEOframe-ERM
- Day 6 - Adding features to your modellingg with ERM
- Day 7 - Looking forward
Subscriptions for having credits for this class and support can be obtained all year long after January 15, 2021: please visit https://webapps.unitn.it/form/en/Web/Application/winterschool/GEOframeWS2021 and compile the form or write to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: GWS2021 if you need more information. After payment of the fee you can have individual support and gain the participation certificate if you setup and perform an exercise with the GEOframe tools. You can do it on a your own catchment or we can provide you with a catchment and the required data.